Thursday, September 4, 2008

I think a road trip is in order....




A one-of-a-kind collectionIt’s not hard to get the bottom of the story at Barney Smith’s Toilet Seat Art Museum in San Antonio, Texas: Smith has created more than 700 folk-art collages on the lids of commodes. Throne covers hang from every surface of his garage, presenting assemblages of everything from keys that have lost their purpose to a million dollars’ worth of shredded legal tender, straight from the Federal Reserve Bank. Other seats collect horseshoes, eyeglasses (with a few hearing aids thrown in) and bullets. A recent addition pays tribute to Pope John Paul II.When you want to visit, call Smith at (210) 824-7791 to arrange a time. He’ll show you his one-of-a-kind collection at no charge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, San Antonio?

I need to check this place out! Something interesting in San Antonio is not an every day thing. Hell, it's not an every month thing.

When I finally leave this rotten shit hole, I want to leave a trail of fire, death and destruction behind me (except your parents' house. They feed me so they're OK).

Where is Santiago?