Friday, November 6, 2009

Half empty or half full?

I think I am still recovering from Halloween! Had the best Halloween I've had in years. Well, up until the point I threw up after slamming a jack and coke. I am old enough to know better :(
Anyway, we went to the Butthole Surfers show and then did sixth street. It was a sea of insanity! Saw some awesome costumes. My posse included a beer girl, a pirate and a bowling pin. Tried to go a few places but ended up at:

Jackalope: From what I remember, awesome bar. Weird moment of the evening? Some guy asking if the bowling pin was my BF, kissing me on the cheek and giving me $20 for no reason at all. I was dressed as a librarian, not a hooker......

Have not done in update in a while but been all over.

Scholz Beer Garten: For a Saturday night, this place was dead and boring. I didn't think their beer selection deserved "beer garten" title.

Gingerman: Have not been here since before I moved away. Its in a new location and it's beer selection is like being in a liquid candy store.

Barton Springs Lounge: Can't really give much of a review. Spent our time there freezing our asses off on the patio because the inside smelled like vomit. Good times.

Uncle Billy's: Also on Barton Springs. They serve an awesome pulled pork sandwich and something I had never had before. Pulled pork queso. Cheese is your friend.

J. Blacks: Good music and we danced! Cool but kinda trendy. A couple of 60 year old men bought us all Irish Car Bombs. Drinking with the elderly is strange indeed.

I am sure I have been elsewhere but I've grown tired.

Tuesday night going to Rob Zombie!!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yeah, next week I will be hitting up a Bingo game and doing shots with old ladies.