Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tour de Drink

I feel like my last drinking blog lacked in description. Trying to work on my writing so going to do this while it is fresh in my mind and because I was crazy enough to wear 4 inch heels to 6th street last night and my feet are not ready to be walked on again...so stuck in bed. Here goes!

Serranos: Chain restaurant. I've only eaten there once before and can't report anything special.But...it turns out for happy hour, if you buy a drink, there are appetizers for $1.50!!!! Needless to say, there is only a few selections, the portions are small, and there isn't much effort put into them. But for a $1.50 who gives a damn! The Sunday paper cost more! So bring on the bean and cheese nachos! And I don't even like beans!


The Ranch: Well, I've been asking where all the cute guys in Austin are and it turns out they keep them herded up at the Ranch. I guess people drink during a recession because this place was packed and drinks were not cheap. Kamikaze shots were $5 :(
I guess that is really pretty average for 6th street. Good dance music. And for the record, just because I wear glasses doesn't mean I am a librarian. Then again, maybe I should appreciate that people think I am smarter than I am :)


Annie West: Next to the Ranch. What in the hell do they put in the drinks here???? Maybe it was because of the late hour (or the full moon) but I've never seen people act so crazy at a club!(well, that's not really true but that's another story). This bar is really not very big and it was also packed. Some guy had glasses on as well and thought that was a good enough reason to take pictures together. Another that was about 5 inches shorter me had a friend tell me he liked me and then kept popping up as if he was going to say something and then would scuttle off...like a rat. Umm,ok. The icing on the cake though was the guy I danced with, gave me his number, and then I watched him get into a physical fight.... with a chick. Number deleted.

Katz's Deli: I've not stepped foot in this place in over a dozen years. I used to have a ex-bf who worked there and it was enough to make me not go. I figured if he was still working there after 12 years then I could just give him shit. But I never made it that far. Some guy out front insisted on talking to me and tried to convince me he was my hero. Sorry dude, my hero does not work the street corner in front of Katz's Deli.

No comments: