Thursday, July 31, 2008

I need a flask at my desk

I started a new job yesterday. I don't think I like it too much....
Maybe I am just nervous because I am new. Or maybe the place really does suck.
Am I allowed to bitch after a day and a half? I shouldn't.I should be grateful.Things could be much worse. It is thanks to this job that I will have my own place in a few weeks. Food on the table, gas in the car, medical insurance on the way.
I've never known what I wanted to be when i grew up, so this is what I need to do. Be grateful Stacey.
Sometimes I feel bad for those of us that work in offices and feel the life being sucked out of us. Think "Office Space"and the office scenes from "Wanted". What would it be like to tell everyone to kiss your big (insert color) ass???
Sadly, we can't all figure out ways to steal money from the company or join a team of assassins, but if you were offered the chance to be anything you wanted, what would it be?
And no, don't say that you wanna be rich. Too easy and money does not buy happiness.

3 comments:

JayAre said...

I want to be Batman when I grow up! I think I would look good in a cowl.

Stacey said...

Now I have to go Google "cowl".

Anonymous said...

Money doesn't buy happiness but it's better than being poor. To borrow a phrase from P.J. O'Rourke: "If it floats, flies or fucks, rent it".

All I wanted to be was a journalist. Lame.

I have a cowl Jay can borrow.