Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Preacher, a Vampire, and a Hitman walk into a bar....



It was pointed out to me that I kinda lost my train of thought yesterday in my post about "Preacher". I blame it on my advanced age and those damn freaky dolls.

So lets try this again....

I am in no position to give a full review since I am only up to issue #11, but I like how dark and twisted this series is.

So far it has managed to touch on religion, bestiality, racism, sex, serial killers, drinking, love, John Wayne, suicide, inbreeding, and Texas!!!!!!!!!!

As mentioned in one of the letters in the back of an issue, these are all subjects dealt with before, but it is done with such charm and bravado that every few pages I wanna call someone and talk about what just happened!!!

If that wasn't enough, the artwork is rocking! I want t-shirts!! I am tempted to buy a few issues and frame some of the images.

I said before I would love if this was on HBO and they let it be what it is. Someone was asking online what actors you would want for each character...something to think about....


BTW, I can't take credit for the title of this blog. Thank You again Jay



No comments: